I will post links to information on various plan options, especially for non compliant ACA options here as I add them to the site. Any plan that is not ACA compliant is not eligible for a tax credit.
- United Health Indemnity Brochure
- Subject to the ACA penalty unless you have a waiver
- No deductible
- Pays specified amount based on occurrence. What they pay is not affected by what is charged or covered by other insurance
- Rx coverage is not a strength of this plan
- There IS medical underwriting. Not everyone qualifies.
- The plans are designed to fill in the gaps of your ACA plans.
- No doubt, some will consider the fuller feature plans as stand alone plans.
- This is a limited benefit plan. Technically it is considered an indemnity plan.
I will post information on the Altrua Healthcare Sharing Ministries Plans shortly. Update 10/26 – I am attending an Altrua update webinar tomorrow. Hope to have information to pass along.
Short Term coverage
- National General Brochure
- Subject to ACA penalty
- Deductibles from $1000 to $25,000
- Max coverage period is currently 90 days
- Rx coverage only available if insured is in-patient
- There is medical underwriting. Not everyone qualifies.
- Does not cover pre-existing conditions
- Does not provide preventive care (some exclusions)
- Please read exclusions portion of brochure
- Plan is non-renewable
- You CAN get a 2nd plan, but you must apply for a new policy. It is NOT a continuation of you current plan. Issuance is NOT guaranteed. Anything you were covered for in the 1st plan will be considered a pre-existing condition for the 2nd plan.
The right mindset for short term plans is that you are looking for a plan to cover anything NEW condition that would occur in the period of time that you own the plan (currently not more than 89 days).