As reported by the Vail Daily, Kaiser will be not offering coverage in the individual market for 2020 in Eagle and Summit counties.
Kaiser serves approximately 4,400 members in Summit and Eagle counties, less than 5 percent of the Eagle/Summit County market and less than 1 percent of Kaiser’s total membership in Colorado, Whited said.
“We are committed to minimizing the disruption for our members and assisting with the transition of their care and coverage,” Whited said.
What does this mean for individuals presently insured with Kaiser:
- Your coverage with Kaiser will stay in-force through the end of 2019
- You will need to select a new insurance provider for 2020. Assuming no new companies enter the market, the situation will be:
- Summit County – Anthem BCBS and Bright Health
- Eagle County – Anthem BCBS
If you wish to investigate options, we can help. In mid October we should have pricing and coverage options available and of course, check this blog or our Facebook page for further updates.
To speak with an agent, you can reach us as follows:
- Office phone – 303.495.3045
- Cell or text – 303.859.1709
- email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook Instant Messenger